This week is full of ups and downs. I am struggling a little to remain positive for this installment of seven quick takestakes, because the down part is so big. However, I am determined to accentuate the positive, rather than give the devil a foothold by dwelling in the negative (which is a resolve that renews by the minute).
- My sister informed me that Mr. Rogers is (FINALLY) on Netflix. Granted, not every episode, and there seem to be huge gaps in the Make Believe stories, but I loved sharing this with my kids. The second episode available is one I’ve always remembered: a trip to the crayon factory. Here is Dietrich’s face watching Mr. Rogers with me:
- After our singing night the first Sunday of the month, while getting in the car, Dietrich told me his shorts had a hole in them near the pocket. What I pictured is not the reality that I pulled out of the laundry this week (because our clean clothes sit in baskets, don’t yours?):
- Kids love stickers. Madilynn helped another family play with stickers a few Sunday Evenings back, so I decided to pull some out for her. A different little friend tattooed me with stickers during the sermon. I might have left them on until I got home, including a trip to Sonic.
- Fall is my favorite season – the crisp temperatures, the bright colors, and ALL THE PUMPKINS. I already started some decorating and the kids painted some little pumpkins from the lady at the Farmer’s Market.
- Monday, we took a trip to “the big city” for a follow-up appointment related to Dietrich’s surgery earlier this year. All is well. The best part about these trips is Chick-Fil-A. The trouble with these appointments is that I feel “off” for the rest of the week.
- I’m hosting a Lilla Rose party on Facebook. If you don’t have a consultant, need an extra clip between orders, or just want to help me out, I’d love you to join us!
- I made it on BonBonBreak this week!