Nothing reminds me how much I’m falling behind in writing like Fridays Seven Quick Takes link-up. This week was filled with many memories, celebrations, and the normal randomness that makes our household fun.
- Our moving claim finally processed and after calling last week to find out why we didn’t have the money yet, the check arrived Monday. As I started adding things, I first became discouraged, because it looked like the amount “awarded” (which is based on depreciated value, not the replacement cost, even with proof of that cost from the company) would not really take care of the ONE THING we really want/need to fix – our Sleep Number Bed.
- After a third call to Sleep Number’s customer service, I learned that we still have a partial warranty and that dropped the cost considerably. The parts to make our bed “all better” are on the way!
- “What did the movers do to the bed?” you might be wondering. Well, for starters, they ROLLED the air chamber portion of the bed, like a sleeping bag, and labeled it “air mattress,” even though in the walk-thru I’m sure we mentioned needing a box for it – and they are supposed to box all mattresses anyway. The result of this rolling, as far as we can tell, is only damage to the cover. Then they put the pump in the “hardware box” and the air tubes and outlet cord in another box (when all of this was attached to begin with). Not a big deal, except that the pump doesn’t seem to be working quite right anymore. I plan to write more about the woes of this move now that everything is settled in the near future, this time including pictures.
- A little over three years ago, I was hugely pregnant, with Madilynn stretching straight out, as though I had a basketball in my stomach – an active one with arms and legs that did gymnastic stunts. I’ve had some difficulties that I finally talked to my new, non-military affiliated doctor about. He immediately confirmed that I have an umbilical hernia. After an ultrasound, I was quickly referred to a surgeon. I’ll have my issue repaired next week.
- Three years ago, we welcomed our little girl into the world. She’s strong-willed, sassy, smart, sweet, beautiful, and beyond anything we imagined. She keeps us guessing with her antics, learns quickly, and already loves fiercely and loyally. Look out, world, for this one, because God will do amazing things through her!
- It’s been one year since we packed out of our home in Germany, one year since we moved into temporary housing as we prepared to return stateside and transition out of the military. It’s been a very long year of transitions.
- Fall weather has arrived in our part of Texas and with it a significant amount of rain this week. We took the kids to their first “Friday Night Lights” experience and learned we are the worst sports spectator family EVER. (“Look, it’s the moon!” “Agh, a bug, it’s flying.” “No, don’t pick things up from the ground… Stay over here!” “What’s that?” “Which color are we?”). About the time I could focus on the game for a second Dietrich would ask some other question or Madilynn would look like she was going to dive through the railing. I think Friday night football was much less stressful when I was in the band. The kids had a great time, even though we left at halftime, and even though our team didn’t do well at all. Peter and I decided we might need to limit our sporting events to one per season at this distracted rate.