This week’s Ten Things Tuesday Post gave me the opportunity to look through some old pictures. This task involved CD’s of pictures from previous computers and even scanning a few pictures that I do not have in digital format. I have so many wonderful memories from the past ten years that were before the life of this blog – before my marriage and children. I hope you enjoy this installment of “Before this Blog.”
- During graduate school, I lived with my grandparents. Afterward, I continued attending the same congregation with them. I will always cherish the time spent “growing up” with them.
- My cousin had her first baby in 2004. Both she and her husband taught and coached at two different high schools at the time. I spent so much time with my little cousin, as I became a third caregiver, picking him up one day a week when the seasons overlapped, and sometimes more often if they needed it. I look at that almost 11-year-old now but often still see the baby/toddler version, even more so than I do with my own kids.
- My baby sister graduated Valedictorian from high school in 2005. Besides when she started driving, this moment stands out as one where I realized she was not a little girl anymore. In the 10 years that have passed since, our relationship has grown into more than “just sisters” – we are also friends.
- I went with my friend Jennifer to see/hear/meet Dennis Jernigan for the first time on New Year’s Eve 2005 in Oklahoma City.
- My brother (finally) graduated from college in 2007. Our family went to Chicago for the event. We stayed for a few days, taking in some sites like the Sears Tower, a museum, and the aquarium. We took advantage of public transportation and enjoyed several local cuisine offerings. Most of all, we celebrated as a family – three generations!
When looking back at time in pictures, one more easily sees that the days may seem long, but the years do pass quickly. What a blessing these years have been!